Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sneak Peek

I found a little inspiration a few months ago.  While visiting one of the trade shows, I saw many artists showing monogram jewelry. But it was all the same idea, a disc or oval, with the same basic lettering.  How boring! I figured I could do something a little bit different and create some monograms with character.  Here's a sneak peek at my first one, the letter "C" handmade in sterling silver.   It will look different when it's oxidized and added to a chain.
What I'm wondering is what letters to do next.  I tried to be scientific and to look up popular names but there are too many lists.  (I did find out that Moore is a more common name in Northern Ireland than Ireland.)
So I thought I would ask you for your suggestions.  Please vote in the poll on the right side or leave a comment with the letter you think I should make next. Thanks for your help!

13 comments:

Vandiva said...

Hmmm, all I can think of is maybe a "J" - there are many Jasmines and Jessicas, and maybe a "B" - there are so many Brittneys.

AbbieRoad said...

There always seem to be a lot of A's and E's - Abbie, Anne, Alison, Alexis...but maybe I'm biased haha. N seems popular too, I think I know about 10 Nicoles!

3 squares said...

"J"s are the coolest :)

Jennifer said...

I vote for J also!

marciejanedesigns said...

Great piece! I vote for J, A or B.

AdroitJewelers said...

I tried voting, but it didn't seem to work. Since "I" isn't a choice, I'll pick "A". : )

Designs by Victoria said...

That's a great initial - so unique!

Maybe check your facebook friends' list to see which first name initials are the most common there?

Silver Canyons said...

great job on this Barb!
I would go with A or E or L for you next ones :)

Made By Tammy said...

Very Cool!
I vote for A's and / or M's.

TheBrassHussy said...

My vote is for a D for Debbie or B for Brass. Can't decide. lol

I am logged in, but your poll wouldn't let me vote.

Holly said...

Well I would pick "K" but that was not on the list! "S" would be my 2nd choice. But really shouldn't they all be "H"? hehehe
Loved the charms!!

enn ;) said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as an interviewee's favorite handmade jewelry blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your handmade jewelry or jewelry making lessons. We'd like to introduce you to our readers who are curious to find out the "person behind the great work!"

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can be submitted online here http://www.handmade-jewelry-club.com/2010/03/show-off-your-work.html

Best regards,
Sandra
www.handmade-jewelry-club.com
www.diylessons.org

enn ;) said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as an interviewee's favorite handmade jewelry blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your handmade jewelry or jewelry making lessons. We'd like to introduce you to our readers who are curious to find out the "person behind the great work!"

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can be submitted online here http://www.handmade-jewelry-club.com/2010/03/show-off-your-work.html

Best regards,
Sandra
www.handmade-jewelry-club.com
www.diylessons.org